[sf-lug] Sendmail configuration

Doug Bierer doug at unlikelysource.com
Fri Mar 21 22:46:24 PDT 2008

Not sure how you're using PHP ... but here's a code snippet which works:

// Send email to verify
$message = "Whatever you want to say.";
$to      = "doug at unlikelysource.com";
$subject = "Test Message";
$headers = "From: noreply at unlikelysource.com\r\n" .
$body = $message;
$body = wordwrap($body, 40);

if (mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers)) {
        echo "<P>Message Sent Successfully</P>\n";
} else {
        echo "<P>Message Not Sent</P>\n";
}

Notice the use of the $headers variable.  This is where you can program
in the "From" field to put in anything you want.  The wordwrap()
function is optional.

db