[sf-lug] RELISYS VM6530 Image Scanner & Slim SCSI PCMCIA to SCSI Adaptor

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Mar 15 20:17:34 PDT 2008

Quoting Alex Kleider (a_kleider at yahoo.com):

> Although I suspect this scanner is pretty dated, if anyone knows of a
> deserving organization (school perhaps?) that could make use of it,
> I'd be happy to pass it off at the Java Cat Monday night.
> There is even a manual with it.
> Linux support might be a problem: "untested" according to LogBud.com.

Looks like "VM6530" was the model number when this unit was sold under
the Teco Image Systems brand, but "RELI 9600" when it was sold under the
Relisys brand.

Looks like you'd (probably) be using the "teco1" back-end driver for SANE.
http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-cvs.html#S-TECO1
http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-teco1.5.html
http://www.zago.net/sane/#teco