[sf-lug] sf-lug meeting monday evening

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sat Mar 15 10:22:59 PDT 2008

    sf-lug meets this monday evening, march 17, from 6:00
PM to 8:00 PM at the javacat on geary blvd at 20th ave in
san francisco. please come along.

a note about sf-lug.
    membership is slowly increasing; the mailing list has
well over 150 people signed up.
    javacat meetings usually have from 8 to 12 people at
them, with two or three different conversations going on.
sometimes someone brings a computer with a problem
that some of us gather around to fix. we talk about how
to fix problems, new linux and Free/Open Source
Software (FOSS) goings-on, techniques for doing
things, and more. people who are new to linux are
very welcome.
    the mailing list follows up on the meeting discussions
and also has its own topics. if you have questions or
want to set a direction for a discussion, please send
mail to the list (address your message to
sf-lug at linuxmafia.com
and we'll all see it, and a few will likely respond). don't
worry if your question doesn't seem very technical:
some of the best discussions have been kicked off by
topics of society, art and computers, and very simple
how-to questions.