[sf-lug] Computer Zombies

jim stockford jim at well.com
Thu Mar 6 17:56:19 PST 2008

a point on giving to ACCRC. well, two points:
* ACCRC is a wonderfully good place and deserves tons
of support.
* ACCRC has necessary restrictions limiting the process
by which computers get to users. if you don't need the
501 (c) 3 tax benefit, consider giving them to individuals
for whom ACCRC application is difficult (either per their
eligibility or their ability to travel and carry or the latency
of the wait...).

    i know of at least one single mom who wants a linux box
for her 11 year old boy. i'm willing to take it to her and
provide support to get her kid going.
    there's a guy at the sf library's project read who wants a
linux box to investigate whether there's sufficient free and
open source software (F/OSS) to support the needs his
department has in serving the semi-literate.