[sf-lug] Who has the pressed Ubuntu CDs in their colorful sleeves?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:01:49 PST 2008

hi

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 7:16 AM, jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

>    karl did indeed bring them out. in putting things into
> the _VERY_ temporary storage area that have to be
> cleared out, i included the remaining CDs (about 20
> or so).

k, thx.  I will contact Karl shortly to get them.

>    i'd say to heed rick moen's warning (re lugradio)
> that giving away free cds tends to be wasteful

+1

> it might be helpful to
> qualify those to whom you give away the cds.

These are Feisty CDs, and so their primary value lies in the jackets, not
the CDs themselves.  I am mostly planning to waive them around as examples,
and I am going to try to NOT give them out to everyone, and if I do give
them out, I would tell people that this is old software.  I do think that
having masses of colorful jackets is really useful, though, because it makes
them look professional and attractive.