[sf-lug] Fwd: [UMALUG] bash scripting question

Tyler Trafford ttrafford at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 10:10:23 PST 2008

Tyler Trafford wrote:
> I appears that my original message got snipped when it was forwarded on,
> here is the output of running the orginal script with sudo:
>
> $ sudo ./mytest.sh
> ./mytest: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> ./mytest: line 2: `vimdiff ~/.bashrc <(whoami)'

Aaaaaaaand, I'm an idiot.  My original script has:
#/bin/bash

Hours of glaring at the syntax, but I don't notice that typo until going
back two days later.  Oh well.
--
Tyler Trafford

A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from
the vexation of thinking.
                -- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1831