[sf-lug] Subject: Ubuntu-Firefox (adding sites to the Firefox search bar...)

RBV GoodWriter2548 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 2 09:38:04 PST 2008

> Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 13:52:09 -0800
> From: ted <x351912 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [sf-lug] Ubuntu-Firefox
> Hi,
> I bet this is a simple answer, but I was wondering if I could (and how I
> would) put an ubuntu forums search into my firefox searching thingie?
The nicest way I've found to do this is Firefox's "Add to Search Bar" extension:

After installing the extension, you can right-click on a given site's search text entry area and choose "Add to search bar" from the shortcut menu.  The plug-in then adds the site to your Firefox's list of search-bar choices.

For example, I've used "Add to Search Bar" to quickly add the San Francisco Public Library, Thunderbird Extensions, and Firefox Extensions sites to my list of quickly-searchable searchbar choices...

Cheers & hope this helps,