[sf-lug] Possibility of a computer

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sat Mar 1 17:01:39 PST 2008

    come to our meeting tomorrow, sunday, march 2,
at the javacat cafe on geary boulevard at 20th
avenue in san francisco, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
and we can discuss further.
    briefly, the Alameda County Computer Resource
Center has provided an estimated 500 computers
to four bay area locations: san francisco, san mateo,
marin county, and berkeley. today people have
been installing the Ubuntu linux operating system
on them and most of them should be ready to give
to needy individuals and non-profit institutions.
    in san francisco, christian einfeldt has coordinated
the program. he and a few of us volunteers will
help in distribution.