[sf-lug] BBS Software for Linux (Ubuntu)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 26 16:37:11 PST 2008

Quoting Blake Haggerty (Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com):

> Does anyone have experience running a BBS on Ubuntu? What software did
> you use? Was maintainence a nightmare? Where are some good resources
> for running a BBS on Linux?
>
> I was a sysop of a BBS back in the early 90s it was DOS based WWIV and
> everything was all dial up and only one user at a time, etc.. etc... I
> am sure things have changed considerably but it was a fun hobby I
> think I want to get back into. Any suggestions of where to start would
> be greatly appreciated.

(Me:  Six years building, owning, maintaining, and funding The Skeptic's
Board, 1:125/27 at fidonet, RBBS-PC behind BinkleyTerm and UFgate under
MS-DOS/DESQview with QWK and Silver Xpress offline mail doors.)

I don't have the information to answer your question, but I can answer
(IMVAO) a related one you _didn't_ exactly ask: