[sf-lug] Linux show demos (was: Linux podcasts)

jim stockford jim at well.com
Tue Feb 26 13:14:39 PST 2008

    this brings up the logistics of getting stuff to and from
the joint. if we can make do with less, let's do so.
    i can provide a box with a 17 inch flat panel display
(and mouse and keyboard, even KVM switch, even
ethernet switch).

    which brings up the idea of purpose.
* for the desktop and gamer and media enthusiast, some
demos are a la stand-alone windows competition: ours is
cheaper, different....
* for the network-savvy home user, having a separate box
hosting servers is good: which servers? audio, video, other?
* for the small business (small office, home office: soho)
user, having a separate box hosting file services, printing,
etc. would be nice. note ryan's issue of users' interests in
outlook-style functionality. it would be great to show
integration with some kind of PDA or phone (or both) wrt
calendaring, scheduling and so on. can anyone help on
this front? just suggesting products would be great.