[sf-lug] 5h177y browser javascript implementations

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Feb 26 01:17:10 PST 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:

> My firefox is damn slow when it comes to parsing javascript.  I feel
> like I am always waiting for my browser.  I have heard that Opera is
> quite fast, but I could never give up all my extensions for Firefox.
> Even with them all disabled in FF "Safe Mode", FF javascript parser is
> still slow like molasses.  What gives?!?!  Is 3.0 goign to be any
> better?  Who has tried it?  What can I do :-(

Fx 3 is nicer.  Give it a shot.  I find it *way* faster in many cases.

Just download the latest alpha/beta/whatever from mozilla.com and see if
you like it.  I think you will.

There are also Ubuntu packages in the official repositories, but I'm about
to hit the sack so you can find them yourself. (-:

-- Asheesh.

--
The surest sign that a man is in love is when he divorces his wife.