[sf-lug] Linux podcasts

David Sterry david at sterryit.com
Sun Feb 24 23:28:07 PST 2008

Hello SF-LUG.

I don't post a lot but I'm more of a lurker, what can I say. Anyway,
over the past couple of weeks, I've been listening to Linux podcasts to
see if I could learn something and they actually inspired me to do more
with Linux. Here, I wrote up the ones I listened to and my thoughts
after listening. Check these out if you get a chance...

Linux Action Show - quite entertaining, co-hosts Bryan and Chris have a
good comedic chemistry and talk about Linux from a developer and systems
integrator point of view. They do the news on their bi-weekly show,
answer listener questions and offer reviews of hardware and software in
the GNU/Linux community. http://linuxactionshow.com

LUGRadio - this one's from Britain and features four guys who have
various perspectives on Linux(Jono is the Ubuntu Community Manager at
Canonical). What's nice about this one is that they have more hosts and
seem to delve deeper into the aspects of community, freedom, and the
direction various open source software projects are going. They're also
hosting LUGRadio Live at the Metreon with exhibits and speakers on April
12-13th this year so that might be fun to check out. Full access is $10
only available in advance. http://lugradio.org

Linux Link Tech Show - This the longest running Linux podcast or so they
claim. They've had an impressive list of interviews in the past and this
show feels quite down to earth with less of a radio show feel. I heard
http://tllts.org/

If you know of any others(and I know there are many), I'd love to hear
about them and why you like them. These are great for listening in the
car if you're getting tired of your cd collection, some radio station, etc.

Thanks,
Dave Sterry