[sf-lug] sf-lug policies -- please vote

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Feb 20 12:31:51 PST 2008

Quoting RBV (GoodWriter2548 at earthlink.net):

> At the risk of introducing noise into the discussion, would it be
> possible to create an entirely separate linuxmafia.com email address
> ("linux-jobs@"?) for jobs to which one could separately choose to
> subscribe to or not?

This suggestion comes up from time to time.  Speaking as owner of the
linuxmafia.com machine (and domain), I'm not willing to host a jobs
mailing list, for a number of reasons including the existence of many
fine alternative jobs mailing lists already.

I'd be glad to help set up such a list on someone else's machine.
(Setting up Mailman lists isn't difficult.)