[sf-lug] [Re: sf-lug policies -- please vote]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Feb 20 09:22:32 PST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 08:24:41PM -0800, Jason Turner wrote:
> -1
>
> While indifferent to the occasional listing of job ads on the list, I'm
> all for keeping the bar *high* when it comes to these postings.  We
> should keep it a bit more interesting than the same [spam] ad we could
> all find through the usual suspects.  And including more specific salary
> range info does that.  IMHO.

Once upon a time, SacLUG had a CGI where job posters could submit all the
details of a job, and it would automatically get posted to the mailing list
(and also the website, I _think_).

Something like that may be useful.  It would require all of the details
list readers think are important (e.g., salary range).

That's also more work on the part of the site & list maintainers. *shrug* :)

-bill!