[sf-lug] reasons for running/not running fail2ban

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 17:40:36 PST 2008

--- Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

<a lot of security related stuff>

Thank you very much, Rick.
I appreciate your taking the time to explain your position on these
matters: as always, if one takes the time to go through it it leads to
a much better understanding of the issues.

ALSO thank you for your help with Screen: I've been playing with it
today and successfully resumed a session at home that I had (this time
purposely) left unfinished at work- I would  have never known that the
facility exists and yet you use it all the time....
How often do I find myself saying about Linux: "cool!" Often! :-)

alex
ps hope there are no flame wars

a_kleider at yahoo.com