[sf-lug] Laptop for Linux with more than rebate madness

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 12:05:55 PST 2008

I thought the c700t for '$299.99' after rebate/s would work well with linux. Shipping was $20 on the ninth. In store, the associate told me it would cost $80 for shipping to store or residence. Looking online, I noticed that the 'Mini-fridge' had an $8 shipping charge. So I emailed them, informing them I expect the offer without the extra 0 typo on the shipping. Should they refuse, I will inform them that they look like criminals after I spread the word that this offer works out even better than expected when the obvious typo gets corrected. You'll see my new laptop around or you'll know that Office Depot obfuscates advertised prices.