[sf-lug] Supporting the local team (LJ survey)

jim stockford jim at well.com
Wed Feb 6 16:05:33 PST 2008

> Show some support for the local boy, please.
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1006101

    i did, and dutifully so (wrt #34).
    thanks for the reminder that these things are mainly
name recognition contests (which put me in an
obstreperous mood such that i chose the other button
for some categories and typed in "vi" or "bash" or
"server is software" or similarly grumpy entry).
    praise for their developers: the system did not force
me to choose a radio button for each category; i
could avoid a forced choice where i felt ambivalent
(e.g. favorite laptop) or ignorant (e.g. media stuff).