[sf-lug] Pointers for how to track down source of system hang

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 18:00:51 PST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 5:41 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> It's helpful to maintain a list, either on a notepad or in your mind (if
> you can) of all the suspects that _could_ be causing your problem.  As
> you try various things, watch carefully to see if you've ruled any of
> them out.

Ah, yes, the scientific method :-)  Hope some of you guys read Zen and
the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig.  The main
character in the novel goes into this and other methodologies quite
deeply.  I thought I would mention it because engineers usually find
the book quite entertaining to read and also enlightening...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."