[sf-lug] Parial resolution of urgent EeePC question

Sam Geffner sgeffner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:38:08 PST 2008

Thanks to Jim, and all others who tried to solve this.  I finally made the
Ubuntu 7.10 SD card installable by using syslinux with parameters I found on
the EeeUser Wiki, followed by restoring the MBR.  Now have Ubuntu
installed.  However, its implementation on the Eee is so rough that I am now
looking for a way to install VNC and Ghamachi on the default Xandros
distro.  Any links or suggestions would be welcomed.

--
Sam Geffner
sgeffner at gmail.com
415-648-7744
415-793-3562 cel

"That which makes our task difficult is part of the task."