[sf-lug] Black hats declare war on Scientology

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:03:25 PST 2008

hi

On Jan 25, 2008 2:43 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):
>
> > The difference is that people understand eyeglasses.  People do not
> > understand Free Open Source Software.
>
> <perspective subtype="gratis">
> Whereas, they _adore_ the Church of Scientology, right?
> </perspective?

The upside to this event is that we are getting some really negative press
for Scientology.

The *potential* downside is that newbies will associate Anon's wacko methods
(DDOS) with an open Internet in general.

> I suggest a stiff letter to the Times.

Or a video library where we can tell our side of the story:

http://archive.org/details/digitaltippingpoint

There are now 57 hours of footage telling our side posted there.

Well-maintained knowledge bases such as this one also help:

http://linuxmafia.com/