[sf-lug] John the Ripper

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 01:22:31 PST 2008

--- Kristian Erik Hermansen <kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2008 10:52 PM, Alex Kleider <a_kleider at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > SUCCESS
> > thank you
>
> Sure. np :-)
>
> > ps how do you so quickly find out exactly which site and file to
> wget?
>
> packages.debian.org.  Remember that this only works because there are
> no real dependencies for john...

You are a master at distilling things down to their essence!

..by the way: john cracked 2 of 13 passwords within a split second: not
very imaginative passwords to be sure- one was the same as the user's
log on ID and the other was the users last name with a 1 tacked on to
the end of it. I will have to scold them severely ..
It's also inspired me to learn about the deluser command!

a_kleider at yahoo.com