[sf-lug] IEs4Linux

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:52:30 PST 2008

hi

On Jan 24, 2008 6:44 PM, Alex Kleider <a_kleider at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've followed the steps to install InternetExplorer running under wine
> as given on the web site.

To those who might be inclined (justly so) to say "ick, I am not going to
help anyone install Microsoft software on FOSS", please consider this
background in Alex's case.  Humility probably prohibits Alex from saying
that he is a neurosurgeon at a major Bay Area HMO.  He is trying to actually
install IE as a workaround, because his employer requires IE only for the
purpose of managing certain aspects of his neurology practice.  So any help
we can give him will actually help him live more in a GNU Linux world, and
less in a Windows world.  As you all know, Alex is really rolling up his
sleeves and doing his level best to master various aspects of Linux admin
skills.

I learned all of this one time when Alex was kind enough to come visit our
public middle school project, and was even more kind in picking me up from
downtown so that we could go together to the school.