[sf-lug] job posting: Red Hat SE
jim at well.com
Thu Jan 24 12:03:22 PST 2008
Title: Linux Solutions Architect
Location: Mountain View, CA
Salary: Market rate according to experience
The Enterprise Solutions Architect's (SA) primary role is to partner
with regional Key Account Executives to achieve sales and revenue
goals, evaluate technical requirements of new sales opportunities and
develop technical solutions that can successfully meet the needs of
* Ensure revenue quota, deployment, and service objectives are met
while maintaining a high level of prospect/customer satisfaction.
* A technical point of contact for prospects, customers and the sales
* Develop and implement the technical sales strategies to help ensure
Red Hat's objectives are met.
* Position and present Red Hat solutions and technical proposals to
* Lead the gathering of architecture, design, and presentation of
solutions to meet the prospect's needs.
* Research and write the responses to technical sections of RFI/RFPs.
* Drive and support pre-sales pilots, demonstrations, PoCs,
evaluation and benchmarks.
* Comfortable with solution selling process in enterprise software
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Excellent written, oral communication, and be proficient in
presentation and client facing skills.
* Advanced knowledge of UNIX, Linux, and databases.
* Basic knowledge of networking and complex software integration.
* Ability to work in the field in remote offices, and be
self-managing with excellent time management skills.
* Self-disciplined and have the ability to work independently and as
part of a team.
* Proficient, well-rounded experience in technical consultative
selling up to C level executives.
* Knowledgeable with open source technologies.
* College degree or equivalent.
* 3 + years experience as a Sales Engineer or equivalent supporting
* 2+ years experience in Linux/UNIX system
* 50-60% travel expected
Operations Manager - Global Services
Red Hat / JBoss
bob.mahan at redhat.com
work (404) 975-5229
mobile (404) 643-9199
More information about the sf-lug