[sf-lug] [Fwd: [TAML-WNT] Road-testing the $100 laptop's `appropriate technology']

bobbie sellers bliss at california.com
Sun Jan 20 10:10:55 PST 2008

>From the Team Amiga ml.
------------------------
So, a man walks into a store called Technology Express. (I realize this
sounds like the start of a bad joke, but stick with me.) The man
approaches a clerk, who is standing behind a glass case filled with
cellphones, along with shelves of cordless and other types of telephony.

"Do you have one of those phones you can talk to people on?" asks the man.

The stunned clerk stares at the customer, silent.

And so begins my discussion of appropriate technology.

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/Technology/article/295647

There is even a video of the unit.

	The journalist wrote th piece on the OLC machine.

    later
    bliss -- C  O C O A  Powered... (at california dot com)

--
bobbie sellers - (Back to Angband) Team *AMIGA & SF-LUG*

        Your tag lines (k) were stolen! (more)
            There is a puff of smoke!