[sf-lug] Sustainable IT

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Jan 15 18:34:26 PST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Ernest De Leon wrote:

> Just threw up a quick blurb on my blog about sustainable IT...perhaps
> someone may find it useful in some way...
>
> http://edeleonjr.blogspot.com/2008/01/sustainable-it-ways-to-make-and-keep.html

It's an interesting post.  A few things struck me, though:

First of all, you mention only one virtualization package when there are a
few, some of which are Free Softawre.  At least linking to a list with
more would be nice.

Secondly, I was hoping that by "sustainable IT" you meant something more
interesting - the idea that, for example, open source software development
is more sustainable than proprietary software development in some way
other than the obvious power-efficiency sense.

Still - making server rooms more power-efficient is a good thing.  Good
post!

-- Asheesh.

--
APL is a natural extension of assembler language programming;
...and is best for educational purposes.