[sf-lug] OLPC meet - friendly reminder

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 21:54:37 PST 2008

hi

On Jan 11, 2008 4:27 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> Hello SF-LUG'ers,
> This is a friendly reminder for the OLPC meet at SF State campus
> tomorrow! Details at http://opensource.sfsu.edu/node/445
> See you there!

This was really a fun event, Sameer, thanks for organizing it.  I was only
able to be there for one hour, and then I had to leave.  I shot some footage
for the Digital Tipping Point, and I am hoping it is going to be really
great footage.

After I left, our Digital Tipping Point photographer, Charles Francis, an 80
year-old guy, showed up and shot these pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/digitaltippingpoint/SanFranciscoBayAreaDigitalTippingPoints

You can see our raw video here, where we currently have 56 hours of raw
video.  This video will need to be re-rendered for most applications other
than casual watching, as it is our "source code".

 http://www.archive.org/details.php?identifier=digitaltippingpoint

Our keyword search index page is located below.  It is the place to go to
find specific persons or themes for our footage.  it is where people's names
will appear if you are interviewed for the film, as many of you in our local
LUGs have been interviewed, after we have loaded the film to the Internet
Archive's Digital Tipping Point Video Collection.  The Digital Tipping Point
is, above all, about how people like to connect with each other, and so I am
shooting a lot about our local LUGs.  Because what really draws most of us
to FOSS is not just great solid code; it's each other.

http://tinyurl.com/yluwoc

see ya.

--
Christian Einfeldt,