[sf-lug] passwordless ssh logon

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 01:34:16 PST 2007

Rick: a further thought regarding the link to which Christian drew our
attention-
It was my understanding that each side of a connection (i.e. in this
case both the client _and_ the server) needs its own pair of pub/priv
keys: the client sends it's public key to the server to use to encrypt
server to client messages which can only be decrypted by the client's
private key; and the server sends it's public key to the client to use
to encrypt client to server messages which only the server can decrypt
because only it has the relevant private key. Am I on the right track?
If so, isn't that article missing the other half of the problem?
Alex

a_kleider at yahoo.com