[sf-lug] an OLPC came today

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Dec 21 18:32:11 PST 2007

jim stockford wrote:
>     the fed-ex man rang and handed over a box with
> "assembled in china" on a tag, sent from the "bright
> star us" company.
>     it's plastic and green with very scanty get-started
> instructions. i, of course, am too much linux CLI
> oriented to make sense of the instructions.
>     properly it belongs to susanna, who will surely
> give it to one of her granddaughters. she ordered
> another for the other granddaughter. i ordered one
> for myself and hope it gets here soon so i can
> participate with and learn from the kids.

By the way, we are organizing an interest group around OLPC at SF State.
We currently have around 70 people (students, staff, faculty). We plan
on doing a meeting on campus to bring together XOs, and talk about the
many different things that can be done. I'll keep the list posted.

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132 USA