[sf-lug] SageTV vs MythTV or whatever works best...

Nathan Hoover nathan at foo-o-rama.com
Tue Dec 18 13:28:26 PST 2007

Tom, there are a bunch of plans for building a serial remote receiver if you
are handy with a soldering iron, or other options for buying at a reasonable
price if not.

http://www.lirc.org/receivers.html

The parts are about $15 or so at Radio Shack or a similar vendor.

My Myth project has been in limbo for about a year, but it looks like I'm
going to get started on it again soon. I'll try to keep the list posted if I
discover anything interesting, and of course anyone can feel free to email
me if I could be of assistance. I initially put the project on hold because
I was dissatisfied with the performance with capturing / playing back
un(re)compressed HDTV. I have a few more powerful machines available now,
and I also have a 1394-enabled cable box that I am going to try to connect
to the whole solution.

Regards,
Nathan