[sf-lug] SageTV vs MythTV or whatever works best...

Mark K. Zanfardino mark at zanfardinoconsulting.com
Tue Dec 18 12:48:58 PST 2007

General question re: MythTV - I thought I'd read somewhere that the TV
listing database was no longer available free.  Is that the case?  If
so, what is the cost for this data and where does one go about getting it?

I've been a long-time TiVo subscriber - I pay $13.00 per month for a
single TiVo - and have considered setting up a MythTV box down the
line.  As the broadcasters move to all-digital and as I consider buying
an HDTV I've given some thought to building my own PTV with an HD tuner
card.  But the TC listing data is of course one of the crucial
components.  Any input on this?

Cheers!