[sf-lug] Why PcLinuxOS and Ubuntu failed to work on, Emmanuel's laptop

RBV GoodWriter2548 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 18 12:08:25 PST 2007

> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:36:16 -0800
> From: Matt Price <matt.price at utoronto.ca>
>
> well, that explains why a sweet laptop with a 100gig hard drive ended up
> at goodwill, whcih is where emmanuel got it!

While the team was working on Emmanuel's laptop, Bobbie was telling me that
an inexpensive laptop she'd recently gotten at Goodwill required a form of
memory that was more costly than other more readily available types; and
since the "inexpensive" laptop contained too little memory to be usable, it
would remain largely idle until a cheap fix could be obtained...

I mention this because 'twould seem that the theme of last night's SF-LUG
meeting was "Inexpensive laptops may not actually be inexpensive"...

Cheers,
Riley
SFO