[sf-lug] quick report on today's FOSS demo / installfest

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 17:44:59 PST 2007

hi,

I just wanted to give you a quick report on today's installfest.  We had a
wonderful day today.  72 clients showed up throughout the day, according to
what I overheard in a review after the fact.  We installed GNU Linux distros
on several clients machines, and in most cases, these were rank newbies who
had never heard of Linux before today.  Every client with whom I spoke or
whose conversations I over heard seemed quite positive about Linux.  We gave
out the info sheets with the SF-LUG information on it.  We also
hand-modified the info sheet to let people know that they could contact St.
Anthony's if they have additional information, pursuant to Karl Robillard's
request (Karl works at St. Anthony's).

This event was so well attended and so well run that they are planning on
doing another one in January.  Also, I made connections with people in San
Francisco city government who are now interested in taking more steps toward
introducing FOSS into schools and low-income housing.  This was truly a
wonderful day.  A mini digital tipping point happened today !

Question:  does this list permit photographs?  I have received photographs
from one of the members of our community, Charles Francis.  I will be
posting those pics to the Digital Tipping Point Picasaweb collection.

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point