[sf-lug] laptop thoughts...

Blake Haggerty Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com
Thu Dec 13 11:18:15 PST 2007

I saw allot of recommendations for the IBM Thinkpad which is now essentially a Lenovo Laptop. From my experience in the past Thinkpads are superior laptops and it looks as though (from what I have read) that Lenovo is doing a great job keeping that going. The majority of their sales are in Taiwan and they have a huge Linux following there so Lenovo has worked hard to make their laptops compatible with Linux. Production has ramped up with  new manufacturing plants in Turkey and Mexico, due to the US campaign launch in '08. They already have deals in place for Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp USA...ETC to sell their laptops in the states at the beginning of '08.

On a side note, I may be biased being a shareholder of this company.

Blake Haggerty
Technical Recruiter

Work: 415-788-8488 x6062
Fax: 415-788-2592