[sf-lug] Gnome panel clock -- *really* reformatting (or replacing) it?

RBV GoodWriter2548 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 09:23:00 PST 2007

Hi:

For Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty), Gnome 2.18.1.

The standard Gnome panel clock doesn't permit much in the way of
reformatting aside from generously permitting the choice of 12 or 24-hour
format.

So, I'd like to at least change the current "Dec 12" date format to "12
Dec".  I say "at least" because I'd really prefer the date in 2007-12-12 format.

I've tried researching this a bit and come up dry.  So the challenge is
passed to the SF-LUG: Does anyone have any ideas how I can either (a) truly
reformat this pathetic excuse for a clock or (b) load a completely different
panel clock that provides twenty-first century configurability?

Finally, I'd really prefer something that permits relatively straightforward
installation and configuration if at all possible...

Cheers & thanks,
Riley