[sf-lug] Gnome panel clock -- *really* reformatting (or replacing) it?

RBV GoodWriter2548 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 09:23:00 PST 2007

For Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty), Gnome 2.18.1.

The standard Gnome panel clock doesn't permit much in the way of
reformatting aside from generously permitting the choice of 12 or 24-hour

So, I'd like to at least change the current "Dec 12" date format to "12
Dec".  I say "at least" because I'd really prefer the date in 2007-12-12 format.

I've tried researching this a bit and come up dry.  So the challenge is
passed to the SF-LUG: Does anyone have any ideas how I can either (a) truly
reformat this pathetic excuse for a clock or (b) load a completely different
panel clock that provides twenty-first century configurability?

Finally, I'd really prefer something that permits relatively straightforward
installation and configuration if at all possible...

Cheers & thanks,