[sf-lug] laptop thoughts...

Mark G Sobell mark at sobell.com
Tue Dec 11 23:02:39 PST 2007

Hi All --

I am looking for a laptop, probably to run Ubuntu, maybe Fedora. I have a
couple of requirements:

It must have enough power and be able to hold enough RAM (4GB?) to support up
to three virtual systems running under Xen or VMware.

I would like a 17 inch screen so my eyeballs do not bug out after a day of
editing/composing pages/spreads of text. For the same reason I would like a
fairly high rez screen (1920x1200?).

The  ASUS G2S-B2 caught my eye. It is more than I wanted to spend, but my
requirements may leave me no options. Anyone have experience with this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220255
http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=133&l3=491&l4=0&model=1675&modelmenu=2

Other than that I am pretty open. I would welcome suggestions and any
experience you have with this type of laptop.

Thanks,

             Mark
--
		Mark