[sf-lug] limit/throttle bandwidth of current outbound SCP connection?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sat Dec 8 09:22:59 PST 2007

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007, Jason Turner wrote:

> Good stuff, fellas.  Thanks for sharing.
>
> I too have Comcast and glacially slow uploads that throttle download
> traffic from time to time.  I guess I could traffic shape from my
> router(via QOS settings, LinksysWRT54G w/HyperWRT pre-Tomato) but per
> instance is probably a better bet for me.

You should, if you can, try just running the Wondershaper on that router
of yours.  OpenWRT has a package for it, even.  Quite frankly, it's
wonderful, and then you can forget about shaping and everything is
pre-sprinkled with magic pixie dust, whee!

-- Asheesh.

--
Catharsis is something I associate with pornography and crossword puzzles.
 		-- Howard Chaykin