[sf-lug] VPN Questions

Mark K. Zanfardino mark at zanfardinoconsulting.com
Tue Dec 4 10:08:55 PST 2007

Ernest,

The results of ifconfig do not reflect an IP address nor gateway
consistent with the network I'm connecting.  Right now I'm in the office
and I have my NIC configured with a static IP address that is OUTSIDE
the company network in an effort to test the results.  At home I've
configured my NIC for dhcp.

The log files on the VPN confirm that I'm getting connected via QuickVPN
(which also says I'm connected).  I can even see what IP address the VPN
has assigned.  It's just not getting translated down to my machine.

I keep thinking that there needs to be another device that acquires the
IP address from QuickVPN, but I'm not really sure of this.

Mark