[sf-lug] Volunteer InstallFest (Dec 15th)

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:25:49 PST 2007

hi

On Nov 26, 2007 6:02 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):
>
> > Rick has been maintaining this
> > calendar for years and years now, and so maybe it makes sense to bring
> > eyeballs where they have the best chance of finding updated, accurate
> > stuff.
>
> Caution:  BALE is out of date.  The revival awaits my completing my
> server migration.

Good to know.  Thanks!

So this actually raises a good question that I suppose gets discussed
periodically over the years:  whether it makes sense to have a more
distributed system of keeping Bay Area FOSS calendars.  It seems as if Rick
does a lot of work in that regard, which is okay as long as Rick holds out,
but Rick does seem to do an awful lot of work on numerous projects.  Maybe
Rick is happy with keeping these calendars.  I'm sure that Rick would have
asked for help long ago, but maybe not.

So Rick, is there a way that keeping a calendar could be easy for you?  Do
you like keeping the calendars?  Also, what do you think of a more
distributed system?  I guess that it is already fairly distributed, because
people email you calendar items, and maybe you even have a script for
scraping the emails and putting the info onto your BALE calendar for all I
know.

Thanks either way for your work in keeping those calendars, Rick.  I have
used them on numerous occasions to find stuff.

see ya.

Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point