[sf-lug] Volunteer InstallFest (Dec 15th)

Jason Turner jturner at nonzerosums.org
Mon Nov 26 15:06:41 PST 2007

Christian Einfeldt wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2007 9:21 PM, Tom Haddon <tom at greenleaftech.net
> <mailto:tom at greenleaftech.net>> wrote:
>
>     [...]
>     > I am wondering if we could get some kind of public calendar
>     going and
>     > post it to the SF-LUG site?  I am thinking of a google calendar, for
>     > example.  Users would need to get an @sf-lug email account to be
>     able
>     > to post to the calendar.  IMHO, that might help us organize
>     things a
>     > bit better.
>
>     I like the sound of that, although I know that Jason recently
>     installed
>     a calendering software on the Hayes Valley domain, and it might be
>     nice
>     from a ownership of data perspective (assuming the feature set is
>     comparable) to run the calendar on the SF-LUG box.
>

> Okay, so I guess I will wait to hear from one of the SF-LUG admins
> about who is running that calendar?  Jim Stockford?  Jason?

Hello Christian, list.

Running calendar/scheduling software off sf-lug.com for use by the group
and perhaps BALUG sounds like a fine idea to me.  Lots of choices out
there and like Rick, I've got a couple I'm partial to(depending on a
couple of key use cases).  However, depending upon the ETA of that new
SF-LUG.com box, I might vote for holding off on any new service
installations until after it's in place.

In the meantime, perhaps we could go through a few of the options at the
next meeting?

--
jt