[sf-lug] distro advice, please

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:24:17 PST 2007

Does it seem reasonable for us to do an install on a Dell Inspiron 4000 with
128 MB of RAM and a 10 GB hd during the course of tonight's LUG?

I have such a notebook that a friend has given me to install Linux on, and
so I am thinking that maybe we could just give a shot at installing Vector
on it tonight.  Does that seem reasonable and feasible?

Is there another small distro that someone would recommend?  Puppy's GUI
seems to unprofessional, and Damn Small really requires CLI knowledge,
IMHO.  So that kind of leaves Vector, AFAIK.

Thanks