[sf-lug] ThinkPad Type 2611-410 Model AA-D296F

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 20:08:25 PST 2007

Thanks to all who are trying to help.
Although I acknowledge not giving enough info initially (out of my own
ignorance) but subsequently I did. It's in the "Subject" for what it's
worth.
Rick, I found this model described in the site you led me to (thank you
for that- it never ceases to amaze me how you can pull those out from
where ever you have them!) and there's not much more there than:
P266MMX(512kb)
32MB RAM ((I've max'ed it out now))
3.2GB 12.1 SVGA TFT
20x56K(Int) Win98
12.1" SVGA TFT
I assume the 20x56K(Int) refers to the cd drive.
I'm not sure any of this is useful in the current context.

I tried the ide="0x180,0x386"
and the  ide=nodma   options to no avail.

because it never finishes the init process I never get a prompt to
allow me to try your suggestion, Asheesh, hdparm -d0 /dev/hdc
Did you mean to imply that you also believe that the problem is
probably a bad CD drive?

thanks to everyone
alex

alex at kleider.net