[sf-lug] Fwd: Give One Get One starts today!

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Mon Nov 12 10:44:29 PST 2007

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> I just purchased 4 OLPC XO-1 laptops :-)  Should be arriving around
> the holidays!!!

I ordered mine a few minutes ago. Instead of going the usual web route,
I called this one in. The experience was interesting. "Melanie" told me
I was going to be billed $399 on my card, but there were no shipping
charges! Before calling, I had gone a few steps on the web form (via
paypal) and that approach estimated shipping at $24.95 She double
checked the shipping with someone and insisted that I wasn't going to be
billed for shipping. I wonder why the discrepancy.

Additionally, she kept on calling it the O2 laptop. I hope I donated to
the right charity ;-) She did tell me about the T-mobile one year free
Wi-Fi though.

cheers,
Sameer

--