[sf-lug] Status of new sf-lug.com box?

jim stockford jim at well.com
Mon Oct 29 09:35:26 PDT 2007

hiya, jason,
    thanks for the wiki page. i'll put info there.
    there's been a bit of a hangup on my end, but i
think i can get the minimum OS built on the box.
soon.
    then there's the issue of adding the software
needed (and only the software that's needed) to
re-create the services we want (apache, wiki,
postfix, what else?).
    i'm sure you, jason, will be pleased to learn
it'll be a debian box. a couple of people who're
involved expressed a preference for debian
and no one involved expressed a preference
for any other distro. ("involved" means actually
logs into the box and does something to config
or maintain....)
    i'd love it if some of us can get together
physically and huddle over the box while we
work on things.

    as to rick's dns update request, yes, i've done
most of it (thanks for the reminder to finish it).