[sf-lug] FWIW and :r! dig -t ns sf-lug.com

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:36:07 PDT 2007

hi

On 10/24/07, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:

> The first time I ran vi, I couldn't figure out how to quit.  So I
> rebooted.  (I'm not joking.)

LOL !

I recommend nano for general text editing -

See, Alex, here we go!!!  LOL !  These sys admins have their own text editor
stories to tell!!  LOL !  You gotta appreciate the humor in the fact that
people have really well-defined opinions about something which, to the
outside world, looks rather bland and arcane (text editors).  But I can
totally see this thread going on for another 10 posts, at least!  So now,
here comes Rick Moen and compares vi to a magic sword.  Ya gotta love this
stuff.  Worth price of admission alone.    ;-)

> vi does have a geek machoness associated with it, but I get enough geek
> machoness from other parts of my life. (-;

And so it goes.   heh