[sf-lug] FWIW and :r! dig -t ns sf-lug.com

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 17:48:42 PDT 2007

for what does
what is ment by
Rick, you used the former in answer to some of my queries and it made
me curious since the context was such that I would have expected FYI.
as I type this it has suddenly dawned on me that it must be
for what it's worth....

The other, ":r!", used in your comments re the DNS data files is still
a mystery that I'm unlikely to solve by just looking at it long enough.
I've read a lot about DNS and don't remember ever seeing anything like
that. I appears to be a prompt but not the usual $ or # or even >

alex at kleider.net

Do You Yahoo!?