[sf-lug] OT: Car broken into on 7th and Howard, GPS and other items stolen -- is this common?

Romel Jacinto penguin at techbandit.com
Mon Oct 22 10:07:10 PDT 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:

> I know that horrible homeless problem, but it just sucks to have had this
> happen, because I was in denial of what SF residents were telling me.
> Now I know it to be the truth.

Rather than be in denial about what SF residents tell you, you can also
check the SF Police Department CrimeMAPS website that allows one to get a
report of various reported offenses at an address, intersection or
landmark.

SF Police Department CrimeMAPS:
http://www.sfgov.org/site/police_index.asp?id=23813

I produced a report for Sept 21 to Oct 22 for a 0.25 mile radius around
7th & Howard, and the report shows that there were 35 reported cases of
stolen goods from a locked car.

The list of all reported offenses for the same period and location
is long. There were a total of 143 reported offenses, which include
rape, robberies, assault, stolen vehicles, and drug deals.

Keep in mind these are the cases that are in that database. There are
probably some incidents that are not reported.

You can produce a report yourself, or contact me off-list and I can send
you the reports I produced.

--
Romel