[sf-lug] bayPIGgies meeting Thursday 10/9: AJAX testing with Windmill

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sun Oct 7 17:00:34 PDT 2007

Thursday, October 9, 2007:
The Windmill Open Source AJAX Web UI Testing Framework
by Mikeal Rogers and Adam Christian, QA Developers from the Open Source
Applications Foundation and project leads for Windmill.

Location: Google

bayPIGgies meeting information:
http://baypiggies.net/new/plone

sign up to have google access badges ready:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BayPiggiesGoogleMeetings

Agenda-----------------------------

..... 7:30 PM ...........................
General hubbub, inventory end-of-meeting announcements,
any first-minute announcements.

..... 7:35 PM to 8:45 PM ................

Windmill is an open source web testing framework intended for complete
automation of user interface testing in all browsers across all
Operating Systems, originally written for testing the Chandler Server
WebUI. Windmill is written in Python and Javascript and has strong test
debugging and authoring features. It implements cross browser testing,
in-browser recording and playback, and functionality for fast accurate
debugging and test environment integration.

Our talk will focus on the architecture, general usage, and features
that set it apart from other similar tools and is based on the our
presentation at OSCON 2007. We'll cover what was in the OSCON
presentation, but more quickly so we can dive in to the python related
features. We will explain the workflow between the python and
javascript ends and illustrate how some of the design choices helped us
create a more complete and dynamic architecture.

If you would like to read the PDF of the OSCON presentation, see
http://windmill.osafoundation.org/trac/attachment/wiki/Miscellaneous/
OSCON2007-Windmill.pdf

To read the Windmill project home page, see
Windmill (http://windmill.osafoundation.org)

To get a summary of Windmill, see
http://windmill.osafoundation.org/trac/wiki/AboutWindmill

To get a sense of the Windmill features, see
http://windmill.osafoundation.org/trac/wiki/WindmillBook

Mapping/Random Access

Mapping is a rapid-fire audience announcement of topics the announcers
are interested in.

Random Access follows immediately to allow follow up individually on
topics of interest.

..... The November Meeting  ................
TBD