[sf-lug] Stripping DRM'ed Music

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Oct 3 09:38:25 PDT 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Tom Haddon wrote:

> Just wanted to let you all know that I was successful in stripping the
> DRM from the wma's that I had on the computer I'm converting to Linux
> for one of the volunteers at HVLC. Jeff, you're a legend :)

I watched as Jeff clicked, "Backup licenses" using the Windows Media
dialog boxes, and it then immediately popped up a dialog box saying
"Invalid argument."  It's very nice of Microsoft to offer the option to
let you back up the rights you have to listen to the music you've ripped
from your own CDs, and even more infuriating that the feature doesn't
actually work.

-- Asheesh.

--
The cost of living is going up, and the chance of living is going down.