[sf-lug] Diskless Workstation/Fat Client

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Tue Oct 2 10:29:53 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,

For the HVLC project, we're looking into the possibility of doing a fat
client/diskless workstation setup. Essentially what this means is the
local hardware resources of the clients are being used, but the
filesystem is centrally managed/updated.

I've come across the following relevant resources and will be following
up with them to determine if they're a fit for what we're trying to do:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/LtspDisklessWorkstation
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DisklessUbuntuHowto

If anyone has any advice/comments on this, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

--

Tom Haddon
mailto:tom at greenleaftech.net