[sf-lug] Linux install on Older Laptop (Ubuntu??)

Blake Haggerty Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com
Thu Sep 27 16:17:30 PDT 2007

Yes these are all concerns that I have. I also am a very novice user. So I imagine having issues myself.  Only having 1 year experience in the Linux world I don't know how well I will be able to support him. If it was just a matter of getting him a more powerfull box that would be fine I have the parts to build him a great machine, but I dont have spare laptops sitting around. His laptop is his only computer and he  he is basically sick of the Microsoft  pop ups telling him his product is not registered/authenticated and he is probably sick of me telling him to move to Linux.

His use is pretty limited MP3s and Internet. I am just hoping  with a little help here and there it should work out fine. I have looked at a bunch of screen shots for XFCE and it looks simple enough I think I can figure it out. His cube is next to mine so if he needs to bring it in to have something fixed it shouldnt be a problem. I am taking it home tonight to get started and do some experimenting so I will give the first update tomorrow mornign and let you guys know how it is going so far.

Blake Haggerty
Technical Recruiter

Work: 415-788-8488 x215
Fax: 415-788-2592